March 14, 2012

From Constraint to Freedom: Crazy Heels

No comments:
 

First of all let me say that I'm not a fetishist, at least in the nasty way of interpreting the term.

I've always been careless, so hundreds of times while walking I stumbled on millimetric steps improvising kind of artistic falls, always failed. Anyway this is probably the reason why I usually walk looking to the ground and I suppose that keep doing so my selective sight got used to look at shoes, any kind of shoes, till addiction.

Poor Amy Winehouse sang "they try to make me go to rehab by I say no, no, no". So am I, forced abstinence is simply not contemplated.

But do you know high heels' historical background? Men invented them actually, in order to make difficult to walk for women, so they were able to keep them under control. I wonder if they could have ever imagine that one day everything would have turned against them, it is called long term perspective.



Well nowadays shoe designers worldwide indulge on this object, for many years simbol of constraint, the heel, giving it the most unexpected shapes. The drawing I made refers to another pair of shoes which I had not time to shoot...I'm not a sailed illustrator but I tried!

                                                                                                                                                  *kisses*
Giulia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff